Friday, April 14, 2006

Best Jobs

This little feature on the best jobs out there is pretty cool. There are features on the top 10 and there are small profiles for the top 50. Of interest to me personally:

#2 College Professor: Seriously in the running. Creative Writing or something similar. Have my Masters and just need experience. May be doing it later this year on an adjunct basis.

#3 Financial Adviser: More of a longshot and has only come about within the past year. I’d have to get certified, which means going back to school. Eh…

#11 Advertising Manager: Probably my next career move, but we’ll see. It’d be nice to put the copywriting and editing skills to a more creative purpose. One that is meant to sell, which is challenging.

#19 Editor. Could do it now if someone hired me. I’m good at it. But it’s tedious as a motherfucker. Plus I’d be jealous of the writers giving me their work.

# 25 Writer. The ultimate goal and the one I should really be aiming at with all my might instead of even considering the ones higher up on this list. But what can I say? I’m a moron. Hopefully I’ll come to my senses. (This isn’t just novel writing, it includes magazine writing and feature reporting).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home