Monday, May 1, 2006

The NBA sucks? Yup, but...

I’ve been hearing it for years now: “I don’t watch NBA Basketball anymore, it’s boring and no one plays D.”

And I agree. At least I did until I began watching the Bulls, on a whim, a couple years ago. Please please please, if you are one of these people and you don’t want to give the NBA another shot – watch the Bulls play. Give them at least one game. You can watch them now that they are in the playoffs.

They are young, they are hungry, they play D. They don’t have a superstar that thinks he’s the center of the universe. They are built around Kirk Hinrich, one of the best defensive players in the league. He’s the epitome of a team player.

They have players who have been successful in college or in international play.

They have Andres Nocioni, my favorite player in the NBA. Here is a guy who leaves it all on the floor, has superstars hopping mad at his hard D, and responds simply by saying, “No problem. I play hard every game.” He gets smacked, he gets up. No attitude or ego issues here.

They let a guy go (Tim Thomas) who was starting for the Suns in the playoffs because he was viewed as lazy in practice by the coach.

We have a coach who will NOT put up with shit from players who think they are better than the team.

Really, I could go on and on, but you need to see this for yourself.

Can a team like this win in the NBA? They are tied 2-2 against the Heat, so we’ll soon find out.

Tuesday in Miami, I’ll see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home