Friday, December 1, 2006

Review: Flicker

It was OK. Six hundred pages of reading for an OK payoff. Not really a great thing. The writing was decent, not bad at all, but nothing to gush about. The book was published by CRP, which is where I work, so I got it for free. The real reason I read it though is because Darren Aronofsky is going to (at some point) make it into a movie. He’s waiting for it to get away from the DaVinci Code feel that it has, which it definitely does have. It brings up an interesting point I was discussing with a co-worker: the books we carry and publish aren’t all that great. They are mediocre. Nothing special. He compared it to the music industry and how you can find great music you really like in the indi world, but that in books (indie books, which is what we do) you don’t see that. If it’s quality, it will rise to the top eventually. Anyway, I’m glad I’m done with it because this book took way too long. I can guarantee the movie will be WAY better than the book. Next up: Three Nights In August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home