Thursday, June 15, 2006

Charlie Trotter's

My parents went last night. My mother had heard so much about this quasi-restaurant that she was really excited to check it out. She is big into cooking and is a damn good one herself (still the best cheesecake I've ever tasted), so this idea of a chemist opening a restaurant that has been as lauded as this one interested her. I guess the idea is to match up certain foods along with wine to more efficiently stimulate the taste buds...or something like that.

But so they came back last night and looked so tired. My mom was disappointed and my father just kept saying how snobby the waiters were. The wine was good, the food was good, but the waiters were fake and snobby and the place reeked of pretentiousness and high-society snobbery. They were not happy. Plus it was SUPER expensive. I won't say how much but it was pretty crazy, I could've gone to Guatemala on that bill!

I hate those kinds of places, you'd think they would treat you well if you're paying that much. After all, you're already IN, you're part of that scene once you become a customer. I don't understand being treated like that once you're PART of the damn club or group or whatever.

Beats me, but fuck Charlie Trotter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home