Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mis-spoken

Even the English-speaking players do it and in this case it didn't get corrected. I wonder why and I wonder how often it does.

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Johnny Damon needed only three pitches before being reminded how intimidating Randy Johnson can be.

Damon was grazed on the forearm by Johnson's pitch Thursday during the first day of batting practice against pitchers.

"I think the guys were pretty much teasing him saying he should have did that last year," said Damon, who played center field for the Boston Red Sox before signing a $52 million, four-year contract with the Yankees. "He's the best. I thought he threw the ball well. It was good to see the best right out the chute. I know exactly what I need to work on. Get my timing down. It was a good day."



This is the kind of thing you really can't opine fully on unless you're there and around the environment day in and day out.

Maybe one day I will be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home