Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Golf

I don't remember how long it's been since I began to show an interest in Golf, but I finally went out on my first round on an actual golf course, courtesy of Dr. Jerry Markowitz.

It was awesome. The results weren't so fantastic, but the green grass, the incredible look and feel of the course (s), it was a lot to take in and I loved every minute of it. As for the sport itself, I'm definitely hooked. It's incredibly addicting when you do well. Since it's such a tough sport, it humbles you a lot (in my case, it humbled me for 97% of my shots), which I like. But if you work hard and focus, it will reward you too, which I like.

It's a very tough sport and it's competition on a one-on-one level, which I don't get to do very often (baseball being a team sport and all). It's almost like pitching in that it's a one on one confrontation that feels so good when you win and so crappy when you don't. And also, you either win or you don't, you do well or you do horrible - rarely is there an in between. This high-risk, high-reward is something I like and aim to feed off of as I play golf more regularly.

Anyone out there have any tips now that I'm officially a beginner golfer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home