Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Sports and Business

This is a nice follow-up article to one that he wrote months ago about how sports experiences can teach certain lessons in life that become useful in business.

I for one can relate to the argument, but it seems there are a lot of people that not only can't, they vehemently refuse to believe it exists. They call this the "jockocracy." Obviously, these people didn't play sports at a competitive level where sacrifice, discipline, and success play vital roles in a person's development as a person.

Which is OK. That's why I like his point about the importance of "finding your sport," no matter what it may be. It doesn't even have to be a sport, just something you dedicate yourself to and work hard at.

I learned about discipline and the effects of hard work from playing baseball. I still learn to this day. I also learned about teamwork and leadership qualities, something I know will serve me in the future even more than it does today. I wish I could get across to those who haven't experienced these feelings, especially since they're so valuable. You can read all the articles and books you want, but there's a piece of indisputable truth you glean from a lesson learned when you actually go through the things you do in sports.

Now go find your sport and then get back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home