Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Stalingrad

I'm reading this great book on the battle of Stalingrad called Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege: 1942-1943.

I'm not a big history buff but I somehow came across this book online and it seems to be the book to get when it comes to the infamous battle.

It's crazy how:

- Horrible the conditions were for both sides
- The Will cost the Germans so much while the Communist version of it (patriotism?) allowed the Russians to hold out for so long before Operation Uranus.
- Little I knew about all of this stuff, even though it happened relatively recently (1942-43).
- War was waged back then.

Even if you aren't a big history or war reader, this is really entertaining. It's well written and meant for an audience that isn't necessarily well versed in the genre or the subject matter.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly. My father would be so proud.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Things are blazin today


Holla!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home