Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nintendo's Wii

I don't know if I've written about the Wii lately but I'm getting really really excited about it. I used to be into video games when I was in middle/high school, then it slowly waned as games failed to grab my attention. My last system was the N64. The last games that really moved me were Zelda's Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.

Then I moved on to the PC, which is where I still kind of am today. I say kind of because I'm not really a gamer anymore. I try the occasional game here and there, but don't really buy any.

Oddly enough, like a kid at a candy store with no money, I still read up on the industry, the new systems, the games, the trends, etc. So I still know what's going, I just don't partake.

But Nintendo has me thinking twice. In an interview, Nintendo's CEO says it best:

Q: What is your plan for getting folks who aren't normally interested in video games to try the Wii?

A: We need to get the consumer to admire what we've done. We need them to say to themselves, "Wow, this new Wii console by Nintendo is really interesting!" And they need to try it. They need to get bought into the proposition.


I've been on the sidelines for a while, always looking in, and I think they may have a grip on me all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home