Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Path to 9/11

So after seeing the movie (two parts on ABC) and realizing that it was partly based on a book that I had read a long time ago, I went back and found the little review I did for it when I was doing book reviews on my website.

Here's what I had to say:

This book examines what happened inside the FBI and CIA, as well as the US government, prior to 9-11. There is a lot of information in this book, and it really helps set the tone for what ended up happening on September 11th. The scary thing, and it really is scary, is how many mistakes the terrorists made and how many times they should have been caught. There is a lesson to be learned, and it is that the CIA and FBI both need major overhauls with respect to their bureaucratic way of going about things as well as their intelligence gathering and sharing.

Quote: "...mounting government regulation and an internal culture of careerism and risk-aversion had shackled a field officer's [CIA] ability to develop agents..." Pp. 126.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home