Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Executions in America

I was reading this article the other day on how the lethal injection method isn't as "humane" as we all thought. But one line caught my eye:

Of the 53 executions in the United States in 2006, all but one were by lethal injection.

All but one? So I was curious what other methods are still used in the US to kill people.

According to this article from Amnesty USA, electrocution, lethal gas, hanging, and firing squad are still legal.

Now, whether they are still used or not, I don't know, but firing squad? Even in Guatemala we got rid of that one! Give me a break.

As for my stance on the death penalty, I think some people definitely deserve to die, but at the same time wouldn't the harshest punishment for some of these people involve keeping them alive and locked up? Probably, but that's way to expensive to bank on.

If you're interested in death penalty stuff as related to proving or disproving the holocaust (I know, seems like a stretch), check out Dr. Death.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home